My culinarily-gifted family friend Kels nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award, which is totally unexpected despite the fact that I am both of those things.
If you like West Coasty things, or food and wine, or puppies, or crafts, or music, or traveling, or disgustingly attractive couples, you should check out her blog, The Key of Kels. Seriously, the pictures she takes at the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market are worth it alone. Also, her husband is the only person in the world who can get me to eat foods I hate. Brussel Sprouts? Check. Beets? Sure, if Brad is cooking. So, thanks, Kelly for the nomination (and Brad, for making me eat my vegetables, approximately once a year when they’re on the East Coast.)
Now the rules — I have to tell you seven interesting facts about myself, and nominate seven other deserving bloggers (which, let’s be honest, I will forget to do)…
1) I have met the following (mostly C-List) celebrities, either as a child, or courtesy of my event planning years in college: Jeremy Miller (from Growing Pains), Patrick Muldoon (from Days of Our Lives, and Melrose Place), Dustin Diamond and Dennis Haskins (from Saved by the Bell), Comedians Bill Burr (he rode in my car! and he was just on New Girl!) and Daniel Tosh, Puck (from the Real World San Fran), and all the Geeks from Beat the Geeks (fun fact, my ex-boyfriend Larry was totally on Beat the Geeks, and he did in fact, beat the geeks, and when I met them I reminded them of their failure, which they did not appreciate).
2) I went to a taping of The Price is Right: Primetime Million Dollar Spectacular in 2004. I was the 13th person in line for seats, and I had to sleep on the street outside the soundstage with my friends to make sure we got a spot. I spent four days in L.A., but two of them we’re on the CBS lot. I also fell down a flight of stairs on some cliffs in La Jolla, and almost fell in the Pacific Ocean. Oh, and Bob Barker looks like an old leather shoe in person, but I still love him. Please help control the pet population!
3) I realize this sounds totally nutballs crazy, but I feel like I don’t know what to do with my arms when I’m sleeping. My instinct is to sleep with them up over my head (is that weird?) but then I wake up every night in the middle of the night with sore shoulders. So I try to sleep with them at my sides, but then how do you lay on your side? And sleeping on your back? Do people really do that? Because I’ve tried, and I can’t seem to stay put. Anyway, now every night while I’m trying to fall asleep, I feel like Ricky Bobby giving his first interview to ESPN.
4) One of my favorite things in the world, is watching my dogs dream. Since they both routinely use me and Mike as human dog-beds, they’re constantly falling asleep on us, and then woofing in their sleep. I could watch that all day long.
5) When I graduated from college, I got a job at a mortgage company working with my bff Kristina (a very pretty, white lady). I also, at the time, had a boyfriend named Chris (a very handsome, tall black guy with an enormous afro). Apparently co-workers who didn’t know us very well thought that all the times I talked about going on dates, or spending the weekend with Chris, I was actually talking about Kristina. So, for about a year people thought we were lesbians.
6) The other day, I accidentally watched the first 10 minutes of “Up,” (thanks a lot, Pinterest) so when Mike got out of the shower, he found me sobbing hysterically in my pajamas. Due to past cartoon-induced hysterics, I can no longer watch: Bambi, Dumbo, The Lion King, or Up. There’s more, I just can’t think of them right now.
7) I have an extraordinarily large mouth, both literally and figuratively. Like, I can fit my fist in my mouth, and I’m always the one who ruins surprise parties. I can also fit an ungodly amount of cheeseballs in my mouth, which is both impressive and delicious. Also, if I get invited to your next surprise party, I apologize in advance for when I blurt out, “see you at your party next weekend!”